[OpenAFS] Windows 2000 Server AFS client error

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:23:49 -0400

After upgrading to AFS Client 1.4.0101 we are getting the following
popup on a Windows 2000 Server client machine:

=======
AFS Client Service: Fatal Error

Client exiting due to network failure.
Please restart client.
NCBLISTEN lana=4 failed with code 17
=======

I cannot use the padlock panel to restart the client -- it thinks the client
is running and hitting "Stop" has no effect.  Task Manager shows the
afsd_service process running.  However, I have no access to any of the AFS
drive letters.  Our solution at present is a reboot.  I also cannot
restart the service using the services applet.  This is a production build
machine so we are going to just downgrade it at the moment.
--
Joe Buehler