[OpenAFS] SuSE 10.1 kernel 2.6.16.13-4/64Bit compile error - OpenAFS 1.5.2

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:27:15 -0400

On Thursday, July 13, 2006 09:29:58 AM -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
wrote:

>> unfortunately LINUX_VERSION_CODE is fragile too.  just using the new
>> build test and building a complete module will let you check for this new
>> "sys_open is gpl'ed" condition.  this would make the page_follow_link()
>> easier too since you wont need the special -Werror.
>
> How does that work if you're not building against the running kernel?
> You can't modprobe the test module because you're not running
> the kernel you're building against.

That's OK; the failure occurs during the modpost phase of the build
process.  So we only have to build tne module, not load it.