[OpenAFS] Sharing AFS cache to multiple Clients.

Mark Zaloumis m.zaloumis@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:29:17 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I run a little cluster and recently installed the OpenAFS client on the
head node. We don't have a great connection to the AFS servers we are
accessing so we want to take advantage of the cache as much as possible. I
want to put AFS on the compute nodes and was wondering if there is away I
can share a single cache between all the nodes AFS clients, so they can
all contribute/access to a single cache. This would help save space, and
hopefully improve performance.

I looked into an NFS/AFS translator but unfortunately we are running
Scientific Linux not Solaris.

Cheers,
Mark.