[OpenAFS] Unknown Gnome/AFS problem

Franco Milicchio milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:13:18 +0200

On Jul 19, 2006, at 05:54pm, Karsten K=FCnne wrote:

>> Is anyone aware of any workaround? Users keep filling up immediately
>> their quotas...
>>

> One possible workaround: "ln -s /dev/null ~/.Trash".

That would be more like a food disposer rather than a trash, wouldn't =20=

it?

I find no reason whatsoever to behave like this. A readable directory =20=

in the shell, but not (apparently) readable by a GUI...

Anyone else experiencing this?

>> PS. Removing gnome is not a workaround :)
>>

> Why not? ;-)

Reinstalling many clients is bad :)

--
Franco Milicchio <milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]