[OpenAFS] Problems running batch jobs

Brady Catherman bradyc@uidaho.edu
Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:52:09 -0700

Alright, so I have gotten to the point where I am ready to start
playing with batch processing. I am taking the suggestion that Derek
Atkins made. I have two principles for each user, username and
username/batch. The batch account has a keytab file that can be used
to generate tickets. I can log in and everything appears to be
working until I try to use the batch account with OpenAFS. As my
normal user I can use my home directory normally, but as the batch
user I can not cd into the directory even though I should have
permissions..

I am sure I am just mis understanding something with this setup but
for the life of me I can not figure out what. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Here is the output from all the programs that I can run =)

thecube home # fs listacl bcatherm
Access list for bcatherm is
Normal rights:
   system:administrators rlidwka
   bcatherm rlidwk
   bcatherm/batch rlidwk

bcatherm@thecube /afs/ibest.uidaho.edu/home $ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1217_M0MJzv
Default principal: bcatherm/batch@IBEST.UIDAHO.EDU

06/02/06 10:37:09  06/02/06 20:37:09  krbtgt/
IBEST.UIDAHO.EDU@IBEST.UIDAHO.EDU
06/02/06 10:37:14  06/02/06 20:37:09  afs@IBEST.UIDAHO.EDU

bcatherm@thecube /afs/ibest.uidaho.edu/home $ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager: