[OpenAFS] RE: fileserver and /vicepa

Carsten Schulz-Key openafs@oo-design.org
Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:33:50 +0200

--==_Exmh_1149330830_5991P

vladimir konrad wrote:
>> just a crazy thought, would not symlink work (/vicepa -> /some/directory/elsewhere)?
>
>i just realised that i could do a loop device and mount that on /vicepa . that should work (maybe bit
>slover but this does not matter at the moment)...

Yes thats an option. Since you mention the loop device you are probably using
Linux and therefore probably have a namei fileserver. With the namei fileserver
you also have the AllwaysAttach-Option ;-)

ln -s /some/directory/elsewhere /vicepa
touch /vicepa/AlwaysAttach

works for me with on Linux with the 1.4.1 fileserver.

Carsten

--==_Exmh_1149330830_5991P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2i

iQEVAwUBRIFljeVLLWKtJb4RAQEPWgf9HiJ+5aC0TS++nZ/3dl9TpqOLO3n0JAZ2
WxCC8GuDamOU9a1F3RNHk2AH6gePydXFAwMPF/0s4ZoWVMtywAoJZ1/42uwfbiLH
hGnLMwFs6FKwZ7i6gQWT4f7RbS5rhC+FairdsEw9tkLsHUilptyXFJCam7pbNxSL
bRSm9QcSDeF2jbSfby2vV5SzHdcw3j3vIKEC4d0OhKUngIkiGI+3BvCtFs6tPF4S
Lq000ioC2PR0w9zygLQmpd1X9qvSfBjv0TRAOlCpJLg1wcEwGDoImgIiIJ9ArRCr
r6IsSDdGD1QtCenVaZ0GijBgY86ooOClUk6AHMeuDLknNE8hcVkn2g==
=zkJW
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1149330830_5991P--