[OpenAFS] vos remove / vos zap failure observations

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:25:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Joe Buehler wrote:

> After cleaning up some bogus volumes that were lying around
> because of recent salvage activity, my main observation
> is that neither vos remove nor vos zap are removing the
> directory tree associated with the volume being clobbered
> (I am talking the namei server here obviously).

It only removes what it knows about. If it doesn't believe those files
should be removed (for instance because more than one volume in the volume
group is believed to exist) then it won't remove it.

It's not always broken, you have crap on disk, and so you have crap on
disk. Take a fresh partition, create a volume, use it, delete it. I bet it
goes away completely.

Derrick