[OpenAFS] How do I install kernel modules from source for RHEL4?

George Cebulka ghc4+@pitt.edu
Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:15:16 -0400

Hello All,
   I am trying to install openafs 1.4.1 on a machine running
Redhat EL4 2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp kernel. Since a precompiled rpm doesn't
exist for this version of the kernel, I am trying to compile and install
from the source package, openafs-kernel-1.4.1. I can get the code to
compile, however I don;t seem to be able to get the modules to load
using the directions in the README file for the source code.
Can anyone tell me what files I need and what commands I should use to
get the modules installed?
As of now I have the following modules/libraries in:
/usr/src/openafs-kernel-1.4.1/src/src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp-MP/
libafs-2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp.mp.ko
openafs.ko
openafs.o
Which one of the above is the actual kernel module?

Thanks in advance,
George Cebulka