[OpenAFS] "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install."

John Madden john.madden@duke.edu
Mon, 1 May 2006 09:55:40 -0400

Hi,

Sorry for a dumb question, but I've got one of the new Intel iMacs
running OSX 1.4.6.

I installed OpenAFS 1.5.0 and had no luck connecting to our Duke
cell,. Then I read that maybe I should have stuck with 1.4.1.

So I trashed 1.5.0 install by deleting the folders (mistake?),
downloaded 1.4.1 binary package, and tried to install it. But the
1.4.1 installer balks after I select my install location, with the
message "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install." I'm
logged in with Admin privileges. I also tried installing as "root",
but got the same message.

Can somebody help me?

John Madden
Duke University