[OpenAFS] debian packages & backports

Andreas Hirczy ahi@itp.tugraz.at
Tue, 02 May 2006 12:23:19 +0200

Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> writes:

> Dan Pritts wrote:
>> hi all -
>>
>> I suppose this really is a generic debian question, not an openafs
>> question, but here goes.
>>
>> Is there some reasonable way to run debian stable (sarge) but get a
>> recent and working openafs?
>>
>> It looks like backports.org has a 1.4.0-3 release, is this something that
>> the official debian openafs packagers periodically put together?  If so,
>> is there any commitment to what level of package support there will be?
>>
>> (he says, wishing there were a linux distro that did what he wanted)
>
> At the rep. of the itp.tugraz.at there are actual 1.4.1 debian packages
> of OpenAFS for sarge.

<http://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/>  --> system

And those packages even work :)

But you'd have to install my custom kernel also, which I wouldn't
recommend. At least you should build your own kernel package  from
<http://itp.tugraz.at/Comp/debian/dists/sarge/system/binary-i386/openafs-modules-source_1.4.1-2_all.deb>

Andreas

--
Andreas Hirczy <ahi@itp.tugraz.at>                   http://itp.tugraz.at/~ahi/
Graz University of Technology                          phone: +43/316/873-81 90