[OpenAFS] vmware debian openafs-client 1.4.0 losing token after 5min

darrenp1@stanford.edu darrenp1@stanford.edu
Tue, 09 May 2006 16:34:25 -0700

I'm running vmware server beta (e.x.p build-22874) with Debian Sarge as
a host OS.
I can kinit and get a token without problems, but the token and k4
ticket are lost in less than 5min.  (I'm at Stanford where we still use
K4+5 and AFS)
I have ntp disabled and time sync enabled with the host os (vmware
option).
This isn't an issue with CentOS or RHEL, just Debian.  I was initially
running kernel 2.4.27-3-i686, and the problem still exists after moving
to kernel 2.6.16-1-i686.
aptitude reveals:
openafs-client 1.4.0-3bpo1

Does anyone have a work around for this?
Thanks for your time,
-darren

--
Darren Patterson