[OpenAFS] openafs.org down?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 10 May 2006 14:43:36 -0400

On Wednesday, May 10, 2006 08:50:37 AM -0400 Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> Steve Devine wrote:
>> I tried once late yesterday and still again today no response.
>> Whats up?
>> /sd
>
> The web server process is unresponsive.  A better place to
> send a query would be webmaster@openafs.org.  Of course, without
> being able to access the web server that might not be obvious.

Actually, Steve did send a message to webmaster.

The problem is, the server is not "still down".  In fact, it has never been
down, though it _has_ been unresponsive several times in the last couple of
days.  As it turns out, this is caused by a dependency on a fileserver not
under my control, which has recently become quite unstable.  Perhaps the
operator of that server would like to comment on this list as to when he's
going to stop breaking it.  Until then, we'll all just have to suffer
together.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc