[OpenAFS] multiple afs client, or have two caches

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Thu, 11 May 2006 06:56:16 -0400

You might be surprised at the differences between what you think should
be in the cache and what actually should be there. But in any case, the
client doesn't have any sort of multi-policy cache capabilities that I'm
aware of.

If you've got a list of files that you really want to keep cached, just
put the file names into a list and do something like this:

while (1) ; do
    for f in `cat ~/.afs.cache.list` ; do
        head $f > /dev/null
        sleep 10
    done
    sleep 600
done

That's just off the top of my head and may be busted or dead wrong here
and there (I have no intention of trying to run it), but you get the
idea, which is to keep using the files you want to keep in the cache.

The cache does a pretty good job. It's not usually worth trying to
outsmart it, but then I haven't really had the need to try. YMMV.
(Oh BTW, your shift key seems to be malfunctioning a lot, too. :^)
   / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu  919-445-9302  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
  /   I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.   /