[OpenAFS] /usr/afs/etc/KeyFile from krb4?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 11 May 2006 13:04:57 -0400

>In thet past people have used something called the Kerberos 5 Migration
>Kit to go from AFS kaserver to Kerberos 5.  I'm not sure if that is
>still the recomended thing to do or not though.  I thought that at least
>MIT Kerberos 5 could read the older Kerberos db file from kaserver.

The migration kit is mostly going away; aklog and asetkey now have
permament homes in OpenAFS, fakeka is now part of MIT Kerberos.  The
database conversion tool unfortunately does not have a good home right
now; one of these days I'm going to get around to putting it into OpenAFS,
and hopefully remove all of the internal Kerberos dependencies.

--Ken