[OpenAFS] Integrating previous volumes into new AFS installation

daniel@mri.ucsd.edu daniel@mri.ucsd.edu
Thu, 11 May 2006 19:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

I recently had a server hacked so I had to do a fresh reinstall of the OS.
My afs volumes are still intact. I have my old KeyFile and old db files
from my previous setup but am having problems getting my AFS server back
up using my old files. Is there a way to do a fresh installation of AFS
and bring back my old volumes using newly generated keys and db files?

Right now I have my .vol's mounted on vicep* and have installed the
openafs-1.2.10, along with the kernel, and server, and am using my old
KeyFile and db files. When I run /etc/init.d/ i get the following error:
libafs-2.4.18-14-i386.mp.o
Failed to load AFS client, not starting AFS services.

I'm kinda new to all those so if none of this makes sense let me know and
I'll try to be a little more clear

-Daniel