[OpenAFS] Location of NetRestrcit and NetInfo files

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 13 May 2006 17:11:05 -0400

On Saturday, May 13, 2006 05:51:48 PM +0200 Kristian Du
<kristian@hitech-sanita.it> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have several database server machines installed without the following
> documented locations:
>
> 	/usr/vice
> 	/usr/afs
>
> I have compiled the openafs binaries using --prefix=/opt/openafs-1.3.85
> and now I have no idea of where to put the NetRestrict and NetInfo
> files. The documentation talks about the following locations:
>
> 	/usr/afs/local/NetRestrict
>
> 	and
>
> 	/usr/afs/local/NetInfo
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you compiled without --enable-transarc-paths, then by default the
versions of these files that affect servers go in $prefix/var/openafs, and
the versions that affect the cache manager go in $prefix/etc/openafs.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer