[OpenAFS] Installing client on Cent OS4

daniel@mri.ucsd.edu daniel@mri.ucsd.edu
Mon, 15 May 2006 14:58:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,
I'm trying to install the AFS client on my CentOS 4 machine.  I downloaded
the following rpms for RHEL4:
openafs-1.4.1
openafs-kernel-source-1.4.1
openafs-client-1.4.1
openafs-compat-1.4.1
I did rpm -i for them in that order. I then go to
/usr/src/openafs-kernel-1.4.1/ and the README states to do:
./configure
make
When it's done, the binary module will be src/MODLOAD-XXX/libafs-XXX.o and
must be manually installed for your kernel

It looks like make runs fine but there is no src/MODLOAD-XXX/, but there
is libafs/MODLOAD-2.6.9-34.EL-SP/
Within there, there is no libafs-XXX.o, but a libafs-2.6.9-34.EL.ko.

It says I'm supposed to copy the .o file to /usr/vice/etc/modload, but
neither /usr/vice/etc/modload or the .o file exists. So I figure just
create the modload dir and copy the .ko file over. Then I'm supposed to
use afsmodname to add the module to my SymTable but afsmodname doesn't
exist. Where did I go wrong? Did I miss an rpm?
Sounds like all I need is to incorporate AFS into the kernel somehow.

The documentation on openafs.org refers to the AFS_CDROM...

-Daniel