[OpenAFS] Maximum volume size (again)

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Tue, 16 May 2006 13:37:45 -0400

Just had a user that wants a volume greater then 8GB. We have
always gone by the recommendation of 8GB maximum volumes.
I do not particularly want to manage volumes larger then
8GB but need and official answer to give to this person.

I searched the openafs-devel|info mail archives and did not
see much info on this topic. Is the recommendation still
8GB for OpenAFS 1.4.1? Are there any notes on maximum volume
and file sizes? Thanks for the info.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175