[OpenAFS] Windows Help file (afs-nt.hlp) not found with openafs-1.4.1 on xp sp2

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Wed, 17 May 2006 17:26:18 -0400 (EDT)

(I just entered a bug report with this same text as bug #31975)

When I try to click on the "Help" button in the OpenAFS GUI tools (either
the AFS Shell Extension, or the afscreds.exe program), the following error
message is displayed:

  	Cannot find the C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program\afs-nt.hlp
  	file.  Do you want to try to find this file yourself?

I installed the OpenAFS 1.4.1 release with the MSI installer, using the
default settings.  The help files got installed in the following paths:

  	C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Common\en_US\afs-nt.cnt
  	C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Common\en_US\afs-nt.hlp

If I copy these files to the place where the help system seems to expect
them (%PROGRAMFILES%\OpenAFS\Client\Program\), then the help button works
properly.

Should the MSI be adjusted to place these help files in a different path?
Or is something wrong with my system configuration?

Thanks a lot,

Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu