[OpenAFS] connection timeouts

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Thu, 18 May 2006 16:01:59 +0300

--Sig_gbCeurU2d3T8FSNxOci3hhR

> We had long timeouts (connection might reappear after some hours) and
> missed callbacks with 1.3.79. You might have the same problems with=20
> 1.3.81. We needed at least 1.4.0-rc4 to fix most of the issues.=20
> I'd say upgrade to 1.4.1. Nothing else helped us.=20

Were you ever able to reliably reproduce the situation or fix it (other
than wait for many hours or installing a newer version)? I am slightly
reluctant to use anything else than what's in Debian/Sarge, but since (if
my memory serves) Russ Allbery is backporting 1.4.1 to sarge anyway, that
make it a slightly more appealing possibility.

-Juha

--=20
                | Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| Laboratory of Theoretical Physics		|
		| Department of Physics, University of Turku	|
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |