[OpenAFS] Linux-VServer and openAFS

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 19 May 2006 09:06:22 -0400

"Einar S. Ids=C3=B8" <esi@itk.ntnu.no> writes:

> Sorry to reply to my own post, but it seems like I should perhaps
> invert and rephrase my questions: ;)
>
> Has anyone - anyone at all - successfully managed to get openAFS to work
> with a linux-vserver kernel?

I've never heard of "linux vserver" until today..  A quick google
search and it looks like it does something similar to Xen.  Honestly,
I don't know if anyone has ever tried to make it work.  But I'm
fairly sure that OpenAFS works on a Xen kernel (I don't remember if
it works on the Xen host or Xen guest or both).

> If noone has managed to make it work, then I may as well consider it a
> lost cause and go ahead with NFS... :(

"Managed" and "Tried" are two different things.

-derek

--=20