[OpenAFS] G4-FC4-ppc build

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 21 May 2006 22:51:28 -0400

"Peter M. Metcalf" <pmetcalf@nd.edu> writes:

> I keep getting the argument that arch is not included.
> Is it an impossible build from src rpms?
> Is there another way?
> Pete

It's 100% possible to build from src rpms.. Just not on ppc,
without making changes.  The SPEC contains:

ExclusiveArch: %{ix86} x86_64 ia64

So that's why it's failing for you on PPC.  Nobody has ever
tried to get the RPM working on PPC.  You're welcome to add
the arch and make any other changes necessary to get it
working, and I'll gladly accept the patch.  But I can't do
it myself.

-derek