[OpenAFS] blame the vendor: File corruption, 1.4.1 on linux

Miles Davis miles@CS.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 22 May 2006 21:38:42 -0700

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:19:25PM -0700, Miles Davis wrote:
> OK, I'm having deja vu, but I can't remember when I saw this
> last...1.3.80something probably, and I think I blamed hardware at the time or
> something.
>
> I've got a mirror of fedora, among other things. After an upgrade on the server
> side to openafs-1.4.1, I had some problems doing installs from my mirror
> because of bad RPMS. Sure enough, a handful were bad, e.g.

For the sake of closure, I'm blaming this one on hardware, since in the
process of evacuathing all the afs volumes from this system two xfs
filesystems tore themselves to pieces and were never heard from again.
That, and I coudn't ever replicate the corruption on another server, or
even this one once I replaced the memory and raid controller.

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities