[OpenAFS] OpenAfs and MS Office: Delayed Write Failed

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Wed, 24 May 2006 11:30:17 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 06:06:13PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> I have been able to reproduce the problem on my system.  The scenario
> is that the Windows CIFS client is breaking the connection while there
> are dozens of CIFS Write requests outstanding.  The client appears to
> break the connection on my system when the oldest outstanding connection
> has been waiting for 90 seconds.
>
> You can increase the wait period by setting this registry value to
> a higher value.  Perhaps 120 or 180 seconds.
>
> [HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parameters]
> SessTimeout

An intern of mine is currently doing those things:

   * enabling "background save" in msoffice (it was switch of while
     the last dump was recorded) and recording another crash-dump.
   * trying that registry modification

I'll inform you about the results.

Thank you very much, Jeffrey.

Frank