[OpenAFS] OpenAFS implementation questions.

Brady Catherman bradyc@uidaho.edu
Thu, 25 May 2006 12:23:01 -0700

I am currently considering moving our environment to OpenAFS but
before I can switch I need to make sure a few things are going to
keep working..

We have users that use or systems for months on end without logging
off and I am concerned that the kerberos ticket they are being issued
will expire. Having them log back into kerberos/openafs isn't really
a good option for us (I am having a hard enough time selling even the
basic conversion, let alone anything that requires user action!)

Is there an easy way around this with OpenAFS? I have tried setting
the length of our kerberos tickets higher but the most it will give
me is 7 days. Is there another way to do this?