[OpenAFS] Re: HOWTO: multiple cells on a single machine

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 27 May 2006 11:45:59 -0700

Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:
>>It would make me really, really happy if the OpenAFS server knew how
>>to bind to just a single interface -- then I wouldn't need to run
>>Linux-VServer (which requires a kernel patch and severely limits which
>>kernels you can use).

> I am not sure if that's sufficient; what would you do about the FSSync port,
> for example?  (It's on localhost.2040).

Okay, so, it looks like this might be a problem; although fileserver
has been working great for me, the "vos" suite of commands just hangs
("Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server Possible\n
communication failure"), so yeah, I guess this is still a problem.

Is the -rxbind patch expected to solve this problem?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380