[OpenAFS] Re: HOWTO: multiple cells on a single machine

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sun, 28 May 2006 14:30:14 -0400

On Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:48:25 PM -0700 Adam Megacz
<megacz@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>> OpenAFS RT ticket 32308 has a patch providing bound rx socket support
>> for all the servers. It binds to a single IP address which is all
>> addresses in NetInfo minus all in NetRestrict, if the -rxbind option
>> is given.
>
> Hrm, am I doing something wrong here?  I applied the -rxbind patch and
> did the following:

Well, you haven't showed us what types of interfaces those are, or what
other interfaces are in the machine.  However, the rxbind option will only
have effect if the set of addresses listed in NetInfo, minus those listed
in NetRestrict, contains only one address attached to a non-loopback
interface.  Aliases of the loopback interface will _not_ work for this
purpose.

-- Jeff