[OpenAFS] AFS related problem with firefox

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sun, 28 May 2006 14:36:34 -0400

On Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:50:55 PM +0300 Juha J=E4ykk=E4 <juolja@utu.fi> =

wrote:

>> No, actually, it's "if you want to run old servers, have fun"
>
> Ok. I am now moving to 1.4.1 clients, but the servers need a little more
> care. Is the procedure as simple as one would wish:
> 1) shut down *one* server (file or db)
> 2) install new version on it
> 3) restart
> 4) repeat steps 1-3 for every server, one at a time?
>
> If it's as simple as that and there is guaranteed (sic!) to be no data
> loss, I'll take that path probably even before the new server arrives.

Drop new binaries in place, bos restart <foo> -bosserver, and you're done.
Note that this will result in a service outage while your server shuts down =

and restarts.  If you don't like service outages, you might consider moving =

all the volumes on that server to someplace else first.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer