[OpenAFS] AFS and PhotoShop interaction?

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:35:32 -0800

What does traceroute or ping show? Here its .28ms on the intranet.

100BT or 1,000BT network?

One might also create a metric for "slow" and "fast".

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:02 AM
To: mike@pictage.com
Cc: Christopher D. Clausen; openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] AFS and PhotoShop interaction?

Mike Polek wrote:
> Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>> Mike Polek <mike@pictage.com> wrote:
>>> information and would like to know if anyone else has had a similar
>>> experience. This is on Windows XP using 1.4.2a-DEBUG client.
>>> The fileserver is running Fedora Core 5 and OpenAFS 1.4.2 (new
>>> machine). Similar behavior using 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 windows clients and
>>> 1.4.1 fileserver.
>>

>> I'd suggest trying the 1.5.10 client.
>
> I have a couple people with 1.5.10 clients installed, and they
> experience the same behavior. I am now borrowing a WinXP box
> and it's sitting on my desk. I experience the same behavior.

Follow the directions in the release notes for capturing log data
with the SysInternals FileMon and DbgView tools.  FileMon will
show what operations the applications are requesting.  DbgView
will capture what OpenAFS is doing in response.  Set both tools
to capture with millisecond clock time and the logs can be
examined in lock step.

Send a bug report with the logs to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

Jeffrey Altman