[OpenAFS] Compiling afs module on sparc64

Gunnar Krull gklists@cs.uni-goettingen.de
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:34:06 +0100

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 14:28, Carsten Schulz-Key wrote:
> Gunnar Krull wrote:
> >Why does the compile run on a sparc64 stop here? The error comes from the
> >first case "export_gpl" and ends in a fatal message.
> >What/where may be the reason of the differtent behavior between x86 and
> >sparc64?
>
> According to the message in the following thread it is OK to ignore the
> error.
>
> http://www.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2006-July/022971.html
>
> If the module is loaded into the kernel at run-time, the kernel will
> complain about the license issues, but it will nevertheless load it.

Maybe. But I cannot compile the OpenAFS module without modifying the source to
ignore the error (like the configure script does).

The easiest way I found to compile the module is to make OpenAFS "temporary"
GPL compliant. I replaced all

  MODULE_LICENSE("http://www.openafs.org/dl/license10.html");
     by
  MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");