[OpenAFS] AFS client suddenly extremely slow

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:36:11 -0800

Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> writes:

>   However, that doesn't help you if you insist on passing explicit values on
>   the command line, as is done by the startup scripts included with several
>   of the binary packages.

> Yes, that's exactly my point.  I would like to see the platform maintainers
> remove these overrides.  I have done so for the platforms I support (bsd).

I've dropped code in the Debian init script to approximate the
calculations now better-done by the module itself.  That change will be in
the next release.

I'll probably make one final release for etch.  The only other thing that
I'm looking at before doing so is permitting trailing whitespace in
ThisCell, which looks like an easy modification.  Although having aklog
-setpag not work means that I'm going to have to scramble to come up with
a good PAM solution for the etch release.