[OpenAFS] Implementing massive storage

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:59:18 -0500

You may know this already, but just for the record serving files by AFS
means NOT serving them by these other means.  AFS's server structure
dictates that.  In the situation you describe, the only likely option
is to export luns via FC or iscsi to your afs fileservers, and have them
serve AFS as normal.

You can mix serving the same set of files by NFS and CIFS, and you can
mix serving raw block devices by iscsi & fibre channel, and AFS will
have to be a separate category.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 09:56:25AM +1300, Matthew Cocker wrote:

>    Hi
>    I have a slightly off topic request.
>    The  University of Auckland is looking at installing +500Tb of storage
>    for research and digital repositories etc. This will be served up by a
>    mix  of  iSCSI,  FC, NFS, CIFS and AFS. Is anyone in the AFS community
>    that  has  "been  there  and done that" willing to share with us there
>    experience?    If    so    please    contact    me    off    line   at
>    [1]m.cocker-at-auckland.ac.nz.
>    Cheers
>    matt
>
> References