[OpenAFS] Cache Manager drops tickets

Kai Moritz kai.m.moritz@gmx.de
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:22:05 +0100

Russ Allbery schrieb:
> Are you using libpam-openafs-session?  If so, try removing it temporarily
> from your /etc/pam.d/common-session and see if your tokens now stick
> around.  It's a little too aggressive about deleting tokens in my
> experience.

Yes, I am using libpam-openafs-session, and your suggestion solves my
problem, thanks :)

But now, the problem arises on one other machine. Unlike brunhild, this
machine is no testing-box. So I cannot just remove
libpam-openafs-session, because then, the user cannot login normally
anymore.
I am a bit confused, because the problem only arises on this one other
machine, which is a Debian testing/unstable mix (with actual openafs
1.4.2 packages from unstable). On all other machines (Debian sarge and
one Kubuntu edgy, all with hand-compiled openafs 1.4.1 debian-packages,
taken from Kubuntu Edgy) libpam-openafs-session works well, though the
version of the source for the libpam-openafs-session is 1.0 on all systems!
The user reports, that he always losts his afs-tokens, if he does a "su"
to become root. Also, the tokens got lost after some time anyway...

By the way: I'm running the fileserver with version 1.4.1, but some
Linux-Clients with version 1.4.2 and all Windows-Clients with versuib
1.5.11. Is this leagal, or may it corrupt the fileserver?

Greetings Kai Moritz