[OpenAFS] Two afs cells in one server

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:41:47 -0500

On 11/16/06, Walter Lamagna <wlamagna@tenroses.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi, i would like to know if it is possible to have two different afs
> cells in one server.  I guess that it is not possible since the command:

Without source modification, it's very easy to do this using solaris 10 zones.

On other platforms, it's possible, provided you don't mind modifying
the fssync source code to use a different port.  Then, you'd need to
build a bunch of installations with different install prefixes.  In
this latter configuration, don't forget to make the necessary
NetInfo/NetResrtict files (each fileserver will require its own IP
address as the vldb only advertises a list of ipv4 adresses and not a
list of (address,port) tuples for each fileserver uuid).

--
Tom Keiser
tkeiser@gmail.com