[OpenAFS] backup->buserver 1.4.2 hangs/loops on gettimeofday

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:39:28 -0500

 >>Derrick J Brashear wrote:
 >>> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, John W. Sopko Jr. wrote:
 >>>
 >>> When /etc/init.d/openafs-client runs it builds a new CellServDB. As
 >>> we know the servers /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB should only contain the
 >>> db servers for the cell. The buserver got confused with all the server
 >>>
 >>> Mine certainly contains everything. Apparently this is a piece of
 >>> knowledge I lack.

 >I think the relevant fact is that the CellServDB in question contained
 >everything *BUT* the entries for the local cell.

When I did a "udebug hostname 7021 -long" to check out the buserver
ubik quorum between the 3 db servers they were confused. Two of
the servers said they were the sync site, the other said it was
a clone. You can specify the db servers as arguments to the
buserver in the BosConfig else it references
/usr/afs/etc/CellServDB. From the server CellServDB man page:

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/AdminReference/auarf020.htm#HDRSV_CSDB

"The server version of the CellServDB file is distinct from the client
version, which resides in the /usr/vice/etc directory on each AFS client
machine. The server version lists only the local cell's database server
machines, whereas the client version lists the database server machines in
every AFS cell that the cell administrator wants the machine's users to be
able to access."

My bigger concern is why the 1.4.2 buserver causes butc to segfault.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175