[OpenAFS] Possible problem with openafs-client or modules 1.4.2

Jose Calhariz jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:42:13 +0000

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 04:18:01PM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Jose Calhariz wrote:
>=20
>=20
> >>offline causes VBUSY replies. But a clone can be done basically without=
> >>period of inavailability, and a backup is just a special clone.
> >
> >It's a RW volume and I think the locking takes long because it have
> >many small files.
>=20
> Ok, what are you locking? Again, remember, the vos command doesn't lock=
=20
> the volume, it locks the vldb. Clients don't care.
>=20
> >I starting to understand the problem you are looking.  From reading to
> >the comment, the client should had waited until the volume was ready.
>=20
> Correct.
>=20
> >What I have seen is sometimes the client don't wait for the volume to
> >be ready, so the compilation abort because of problems reading or
> >writing to the volume.
>=20
> Right, which is why I want to see what's on the wire. What is the client=
=20
> getting which tells it is loses?

I have another error on the client, with a tcpdump file of 1.6GB.
This time I don't see any message about problems with the AFS on the
client or the fileserver, that's really strange.

The error message about kernel compilation was:

 ld: final link failed: File truncated
make[1]: *** [fs/built-in.o] Error 1
make: *** [fs] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Erro Inesperado

I am looking inside the file with ethereal, but as expected anything I
try todo is very slow.

I can arrange a way to send you the file, if you want it.