[OpenAFS] openafs-1.4.2 RHEL RPM package installs nonempty SuidCells and mangles CellServDB

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:38:30 -0500

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> However, the thing that may make sense is a package which does not munge
> configuration which conflicts with the regular package but can be
> installed in place of it, to address this issue. I'm unsure how we could
> handle documenting it, as I'm sure everyone who doesn't bother to read
> instructions will try to install both, get a conflict, and be confused.

I figure that sites that care THAT much about custom configuration
can just repackage the RPMs themselves.  It's not that hard to
override the scripts.

-derek