[OpenAFS] openafs-1.4.2 RHEL RPM package installs nonempty SuidCells and mangles CellServDB

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:16:46 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Carson Gaspar wrote:

> We are trying to get away from our custom init scripts, as they are a
> significant maintenance burden, especially when packages change options. We'd
> like to benefit from improvements in the packages (such as letting the
> openafs client auto-tune instead of hard-coding performance options, etc.).
> In my ideal world, the script would:
>
> - Source /etc/sysconfig/$something (openafs/openafs-client/...)

If we can get a vgaue consensus on what it is that should be sourced, I'd
love to accept and integrate such a contribution... as long as people who
don't have something set still get their DB updated. Having one set of
packages everyone can use, and no one needing to build, is high on the
list of things the project has tried to do.