[OpenAFS] pam worries debian etch and KDE 3.5.x - still annoying

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:11:33 -0600

Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:
> Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>> Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:
>>> I tried to setup pam access to obtain tokens/ticket automatic on my
>>> freh installed etch-testbox.
>>> OpenAFS 1.4.2, krb5 and libpam-krb5 and libpam-openafs-session.
>>>
>>> With debian sarge and kdm and kde 3.3.x I got a ticket while logging
>>> in via ssh and via kdm to kde.
>>
>> Here are some PAM config files for Ubuntu 6.06.  They should be
>> generally compatible with etch:
>> http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/admin/ubuntu/pam.d/
>>
>> We use gdm, so I can't say that it works with kdm.
>>
>> I can provide an sshd_config and ssh_config as well if you need it.
>
> Sorry to much work here between this configs.
> I just tested this and it doesn´t work :-(
> I can login to the etch machine with ssh and scp and I get
> ticket/tokens and my home dir is available via OpenAFS.
> Buut if I try gdm oder kdm to login to KDE 3.5 the HD works a bit, the
> screen gets black and kdm/gdm appears again. Very annoying.
> And yes, kde 3.5 is working, tested with a non-AFS-user.

Add some debug directives to the PAM config and tail /var/log/auth.log
to see what is going on.

Its possible that more things changed than what I think in etch, or its
problems with the newer kernel...

<<CDC