[OpenAFS] odd behavior with IP ACLs

Kevin Sullivan kevin@klubkev.org
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:19:47 -0500

--==========F9BA88C7B5116EFABDB5==========

I'm seeing some odd behavior with IP acls and "li" permissions.  I have a=20
directory with permissions "li" for a pts group which contains several IP=20
addresses.

I find that from clients running openafs in that pts group, I cannot see=20
the contents of files in that directory.  This is what I would expect.

But from clients running arla in that pts group, I can read the contents of =

the files.  I would think that the server shouldn't allow this no matter=20
what the client does, so I think that this is a server bug.

The AFS servers are running OpenAFS 1.4.1 on NetBSD/i386;

Can anyone else confirm this problem?  Has anyone seen it before?  Would=20
running 1.4.2 help?

Thanks.

	-Kevin

--==========F9BA88C7B5116EFABDB5==========