[OpenAFS] Re: question for people running OpenAFS on Windows and have Cygwin

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:35:12 -0700

In case anybody else encounters this...

I think this is part of the problem: for some reason if you log into
windows without using a password, you don't get to see mapped drives.
Apparently whatever causes this restriction also (understandably)
causes AFS shares to behave strangely from the perspective of a user
logged in via passwordless-ssh -- even when accessing those shares via
UNC pathnames:

A cygwin window physically on the machine itself, or a password-based
login via ssh are causing me way fewer problems.  I'm trying to get it
to crash again so I can send that dump.

  - a