[OpenAFS] many packet are as rx_ignoreAckedPacket and meltdown

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:37:18 -0400

On Oct 6, 2006, at 04:52, Michal Svamberg wrote:

> Hello,
> I don't know what is rx_ignoreAckedPacket. I have thousands (up to
> 50000)
> per 15 seconds of rx_ignoreAckedPacket on the fileserver. Number of
> calls are less
> (up to 10000). Is posible tenth calls of rx_ignoreAckedPacket?

First, upgrade your fileserver an actual "production" release, such
as 1.4.1.  1.3.81 was pretty good, but, not without problems.  (1.4.1
is not without problems, but with less.)

Second, when your server goes into a this state, does it come out of
it naturally or do you have to restart it?

-rob