[OpenAFS] many packet are as rx_ignoreAckedPacket and meltdown
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:42:29 +0200
We upgraded file servers to 1.4.1 (built 2006-05-05) but not solve meltdown.
Fileserver going in large mode and behaviour of meltdown are:
- first 10min: 12 idle threads are full used, only 2 idle threads
(get from rxdebug)
- 0: wprocs counting up from zero
- about next 10 min: up to 300 process waitings for thread
- fileserver server clear wprocs (sent VBUSY to clients?) but not
free threads, wprocs counting from zero again
- after next 10 min: loop is closed, wprocs counting to 300 and clearing its.
- any time: restart fileserver (via bos command) to normal running
Infliction of meltdown are:
- users servers (RW + backup volumes)
- software servers (RW + RO + backup volumes)
- replication serveres (RO volumes)
Upgrade not solved question about rx_ignoreAckedPacket. What packets are
marked as rx_ignoreAckedPacket?
I have a tons of logs but I don't know what search in logs.
Do you have any ideas?
Thanks, Michal Svamberg.