[OpenAFS] authorization problems

Sanjay Dharmavaram sd282@cornell.edu
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:51:23 -0400

Hi,
  I am installing Open AFS on a server in my lab. I followed all the
instructions in the Quick Installation guide and finally restarted the
computer. I then realized that I had not created the upserver. Now, when
I try to issue the bos create upserver ... command I get the following
error.
"  bos: failed to create new server instance upserver of type 'simple'
(you are not authorized for this operation) "
  I get the same error (not authorized for this operation) if I try
restarting the bos server. Can anyone tell me what';s going on?
Sanjay.