[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.2fc2 and Vanilla Linux kernel 2.6.18

FB fbo2@gmx.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:51:51 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 08:43:55AM -0400, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> take a look at ticket #42671.  the superblock blksize_bits is used to
> set the blksize_bits on the inode.  i think it would be wise to make
> the blocksize on the inodes and the superblock consistent.  atleast
> it would less confusing.  this has the side effect of making the
> size of /afs a multiple of 4k though.  i dont know if anyone is
> dead set on seeing 9000000.

Hmm ... is there any reason for not raising this value a bit? With Linux
9GB is fine but on MaxOSX 9GB is not enough. The "Finder" which is used
by ~100% of all mac-users, will never copy a file bigger than the
free blocks * block size into any filesystem. This is why I always have to
patch and repack openafs for my 100GB-video-file-users (free size set to
1TB). Is there a chance to set the free blocks in the official openafs to
a higher value?

Regards,

Frank