[OpenAFS] Backup AFS with BackupPC?

seth vidal skvidal@linux.duke.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:40:49 -0400

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 14:54 -0400, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:
> Sorry for jumping in late on this.  I was out on vacation at the time.
>
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Stephen Joyce wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, seth vidal wrote:
> >
> >> Specifically I'm interested in how many of them can do:
> >>  - volumeset backups or backup by wildcarded volume/partion names
> >>  - full volume restores
> >>  - directory restores preserving acls
> >>  - individual file restores
> >>  - incremental backups
> >>  - backups spanning tapes
> >>  - 100+GB volume backups and restores
>
> The amanda solution can do all of this, though as has been stated elsewhere,
> some assembly is required.

Mitch,
 I think I have all the patches assembled now to make everything work
with amanda 2.5 and openafs 1.4.X. There is still one outstanding
problem with volset not getting the final volume in a list of volumes
but everything else appears to be working. Anyway, would you be
interested in a collection of all of these patches and maybe making a
new amanda-afs release that contains them?

Thanks,
-sv