[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.2fc2 and Vanilla Linux kernel 2.6.18

Aaron M. Ucko ucko@debian.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:59:07 -0400

"Marc Dionne" <dionne@cs.wisc.edu> writes:

> Does this kernel have i_blksize in struct inode?

Yes, but that's not new to 2.6.18.  However, there *are* some changes
to linux/fs.h that affect OpenAFS (but don't actually break the build,
even though they perhaps should).  Specifically:

- struct super_operations.statfs now takes a struct dentry * rather
  than a struct super_block * as its first argument.

- struct file_system_type.get_sb takes an additional struct vfsmount *
  argument and returns int rather than struct super_block *.

I think either change alone would account for the lossage reported in
this thread.

In addition, struct file_operations.flush has gained a (final)
fl_owner_t argument, though C's calling conventions should make that
particular change harmless.

Thanks for inspiring me to take a closer look!

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.