[OpenAFS] Re: kaserver deperecation, OpenAFS future, etc...

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:29:25 -0700

Joe Buehler <jbuehler@spirentcom.com> writes:

> AFS has good documentation for kaserver installs.  Until it has good
> documentation for a k5 install I suggest that deprecating kaserver is
> just a nice dream.

Good documentation for K5 installs exists; it's just not part of the
OpenAFS documentation.  The primary reason for this is that the
documentation is not in a format that allows us to modify it without a
ridiculous amount of work.  This is slowly being fixed; the more people
who can volunteer to update the now-converted-to-DocBook-or-POD reference
manuals with current information, the faster it can be fixed.