[OpenAFS] 1.5.9 configure failure

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:18:11 -0400

On Monday, October 23, 2006 07:08:00 PM -0400 Marcus Watts <mdw@umich.edu>
wrote:

> tcreedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> writes:
>> for both 64 and 32 bit:
>>
>> config.status: WARNING:  src/JAVA/libjafs/Makefile.in seems to ignore
>> the --datarootdir setting
>> config.status: error: cannot find input file: src/platform/Makefile.in
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> tedc
>
> You can ignore the WARNING.  The rule seems to be that the newer the
> version of autoconf, the fussier it gets.

Yeah.

> Your problem is that "src/platform" disappeared - but not
> from configure.in/Makefile.in.

Well, sort of.  That subtree is relatively new, and is in fact there in the
repository.  But it's not in the 1.5.9 tarballs and there are no 1.5.9 tags
on the files in that tree.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that 1.5.9 was tagged with 'cvs tag' (not
rtag) in a sandbox that was missing this directory.

In any event, the change you propose should work, though it means the
'afssettings' program won't get built on MacOS X, and the fs_conv_26
program won't get built on Solaris.

-- Jeff