[OpenAFS] tasklist_lock undefined Linux 2.6.18, OpenAFS 1.4.2

Peter N. Schweitzer pschweitzer@usgs.gov
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:23:26 -0400

This is a dual-processor PIII running slackware 11, with a 2.6.18
custom kernel (SMP).

OpenAFS configures, builds, and installs okay, but libafs-2.6.18.ko
won't load because it says tasklist_lock is undefined.  Earlier
messages on this list gave me the impression that this problem was
fixed in the final release version, but those discussions centered
on AMD64 systems.

Any hope for me?  My operational systems are stuck at 2.6.17.13 with
OpenAFS 1.4.1 waiting to get a stable build for 2.6.18  (things aren't
pretty when this module goes bad!)  Or have I strayed too close to
the bleeding edge?

Peter
--
Peter N. Schweitzer (MS 954, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  FAX: (703) 648-6252  email: pschweitzer@usgs.gov